- 1 medium-large butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup water
- 6 bags Lifestyle Awareness Turmeric Immunity Now Tea Bags
- 6 tablespoons quinoa, rinsed
- 3 loosely packed cups kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- Zest of ½ orange plus 1 tablespoon juice
- 4 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
- Heat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Halve the butternut squash, remove seeds. Drizzle each half with ½ teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place baking sheet cut side up. Bake for 40-50 minutes until the squash is fork tender.
- While squash bakes, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Place 6 tea bags of Lifestyle Awareness Turmeric Immunity Now in one mug, pour in boiling water, cover and steep for 8 min. Remove tea bags, pour tea into a small pot, and heat on stove over medium heat until tea begins to boil. Stir in rinsed quinoa, bring back to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 min (until quinoa has absorbed most of the tea). Remove pot from heat, and let sit covered for 12 min – then fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat, add remaining teaspoon of olive oil, and cook shallot for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Stir in kale and cook for 1-2 min until slightly wilted. Stir in a pinch of salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium low and stir in quinoa, orange juice and orange zest. Turn off the heat and take off the heat.
- Once squash is ready, remove it and reduce the oven temperature to 375. Let squash cool for a few minutes and then scoop out the flesh leaving a 1/2-inch thick border around the sides and along the bottom of the squash. Stir the scooped butternut squash into the quinoa kale mixture and taste for additional salt and pepper. Stuff each half and bake at for 10 min. Sprinkle each half with the pomegranate seeds and serve.