- 4 tea bags Lifestyle Awareness Throat Wellness tea bags
- ¾ cup boiling water
- ¾ local honey
- tool: candy thermometer
- Place 4 Throat Wellness tea bags in large mug, pour in ¾ cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 10 min. While tea steeps, add ¾ cup of honey to medium sized saucepan (note: you’ll need plenty of room to let mixture boil).
- Once tea has finished steeping, remove bags and pour tea into the honey. Gently stir.
- Heat over medium heat until honey and tea mixture just begin to boil. Lower candy thermometer into the saucepan and continue to let mixture boil until it reaches 300° (note that this can take 20-30 min and that the mixture will foam).
- Once it reaches that temp, remove thermometer, take saucepan off heat, and let the mixture cool for 8-10 min (until consistency is like syrup).
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper, drop small spoonfuls (recommended 1/4 teaspoon) of mixture onto paper, and let cool. Dust all drops with cornstarch to prevent sticking.
Note: Store in airtight container in a cool space for freshness.