- 1 cup water
- 4 Lifestyle Awareness Stress Balance Tea Bags
- ½ cup pitted medjool dates
- 4 teaspoons Tadin ground flax seed
- 4 teaspoons Tadin chia seeds
- 5.5 tablespoons rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons nut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ground pistachios
- fresh edible flower or dried culinary grade flowers
Directions (makes 8 bites):
- Bring 1 cup of water a boil. Add 4 tea bags to a large mug, pour in hot water, cover mug, and let steep for 5 min.
- While tea steeps, cut pitted dates in half and add to a small bowl. Once tea is ready, remove bags and pour hot tea over dates and let soak for 15 min.
- Strain out softened dates from liquid and place them in a food processor. Blend until they form into a small ball.
- Add chia seeds, ground flax, salt, nut butter, and vanilla. Blend until finely ground (like wet sand). If mixture is not sticky, add teaspoon of date-soaked tea water and blend again.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out dough and roll each into a small ball (wet your hands before rolling so the mixture doesn’t stick to you).
- After rolling each ball, mix dried edible flowers and ground pistachios in a small bowl. Roll each ball in mixture to coat. Store bites in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Note: Enjoy these bites for breakfast, as a snack, or dessert!