- 1 cup coconut oil
- 4 Lifestyle Awareness Serene Slumber Tea Bags
(optional: high grade essential lavender oil and food grade dried flower petals)
- Make a double boiler: Fill a small/medium pot ¼ of the way with water and bring to a boil. Find large metal or glass heatproof bowl that sits on top of the pot (and fully covers it) – note that bottom of bowl should be 2-3 inches above water.
- Add coconut oil to the bowl. Once water has come to a boil in pot, reduce to low heat so that it still simmers. Place bowl on top of pot and wait for coconut oil to fully melt.
- Once it has melted, trim tags from 4 Lifestyle Awareness Serene Slumber tea bags and place in coconut oil and stir to cover bags. Let steep in the coconut oil for 1 hour (stir occasionally).
- After 1 hour, remove tea bags from the oil (using back of spoon to press tea bags against the side of the bowl to remove as much oil as possible). Discard tea bags.
- Place bowl in the fridge for 1 hour (or until top begins to solidify but liquid is underneath).
- Using an electric whisk, whisk until whipped. (Optional: add in high grade essential lavender oil and whip again.)
- Spoon into jar, top with flower petals, seal airtight and keep at room temperature.
- Use within 2 weeks. Body butter will melt when applied when applied to skin.
Note: Apply to clean, dry skin and enjoy its aroma!