We trust that you will find the below list of herbal resources for herbal safety informative. We hope to support you in your quest for greater knowledge and ability to self care and seek support for using herbal products.
This information is not intended to treat, cure or diagnose any health issue. If you’re not feeling well, please consult a doctor.
Find a Practitioner:
Our health is the greatest wealth we have. Feeling well regularly often requires effort, mindfulness and dedication to the care of the body, mind and spirit. Dietary Supplements can offer support for overall health and wellbeing as part of a healthy lifestyle. It is wise to know the limits of self-care with dietary supplements and when it is best to seek the support of an expert who can help to guide us in the care for our body and mind. Below is a short list for how to find a qualified practitioner in your area.
- American Herbalist Guild (find a local AHG practitioner) –http://www.americanherbalistsguild.com
- American Association of Drugless Practitioners –http://www.aadp.net
- American Association of Naturopath Physicians –http://www.naturopathic.org
- American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – https://www.aaaomonline.org
- American Holistic Health Association – http://www.ahha.org
- American Holistic Nurses Association – http://www.ahna.org
Great information for alternative protocols for assisting 4 legged friends with many common ailments:
- Holistic Veterinary Medical Association (find a local Holistic Veterinarian by location) – http://www.ahvma.org
- Alternative Pets.com- http://www.alternativepets.com
Quality Herbal Information on the Web:
Below is a list of some of our favorite authoritative herbal websites. When in doubt, please consider consulting a qualified practitioner to support your health and wellbeing.
- American Botanical Council – a source for researching up to date herbal wisdom with herbal video clips and more!
- Healthnotes® website is also accessed for free on the Publix website. It offers therapeutic herbal monographs, safety and lifestyle tips.
- HealthWorld on-line. Great articles about alternative modalities to support health and for common conditions. Easy to search by conditions, men’s health, women’s health, and children.
- Medical Herbalism – A comprehensive website dedicated to the practice, study and awareness of medical herbalism. Insights about drug/herb interactions, plant constituents, herbal journal’s and more.
- Ayurveda and healthy lifestyle by Todd Caldecott – fantastic herbal information, easy to use and up to date.
- Henriette’s Herbal Information. One of the oldest and largest herbal information sites on the web.
- Adaptogens: Herbs for Strength, Stamina, and Stress Relief – David Winston and Steven Maimes
- The Yoga of Herbs- Dr. David Frawley and Dr. Vasant Lad
- Medical Herbalism- David Hoffmann FNIMH, AHG
- Family Herbal- Rosemary Gladstar
- Pocket Book Guide to Ayurveda- Candis Cantin
- The Herbal Medicine-Makers Handbook- James Green
Free Herbal Monographs:
A monograph is an authoritative 3rd party reviewed herbal information guide. An herbal monograph gives a basic description of the herb and lists its chemical constituents, actions, clinical uses and recommended dosage. Tadin Herb and Tea Company, does not endorse any of the below reference material. It is offered merely as a supportive guide to learn more information about herbs.
- The Tillotson Institute of Natural Health – Great site for eastern herbal monographs.
- American Herbal Pharmacopoeia (AHP) Sample Monograph.
- Medherb – Very comprehensive herbal information, folk lore, safety and more.
- Herb world- Therapeutic herbal monographs, many written by David Hoffmann
Professional Herbal Organizations:
- AHPA- American Herbal Products Association – for questions regarding the regulatory framework in the USA.
- UPS- United Plant Savers – for plant conservation issues, at risk plants and upcoming herbal events nationwide!