Makes 6 mini tarts
- 6 mini vegan tart shells
- 1 ¼ cups unsalted & unroasted cashews
- 12 Lifestyle Awareness Organic Ginger tea bags
- ½ cup coconut milk (full-fat unsweetened canned version)
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add 4 Lifestyle Awareness Organic Ginger tea bags to large mug, pour in boiling water and steep for 5 min. Remove tea bags and let tea cool to room temp (or place tea in freezer).
- As tea cools, cut tags off of 8 Ginger tea bags and place them in small pot. Shake can of coconut milk for 60 sec (to fully mix coconut cream with water – as it tends to separate in the can). Add ½ cup of coconut milk to small pot with tea bags, and heat over medium low on stove until bubbles begin to form at edges and steam starts to rise. Remove pot from heat, cover and steep tea for 30 min.
- While coconut milk is being infused, add cashews to airtight container and top with room temp tea. Cover and refrigerate overnight to soften cashews and infuse with ginger flavor. After 30 min, remove tea bags from coconut milk (gently press on each bag to remove additional tea flavor – being careful not to break the bag), pour into an airtight container and chill overnight.
- When ready to make tarts, strain cashews from tea liquid and discard liquid. Add softened cashews and maple syrup to high-powered blender or food processor.
- Add white chocolate chips to small microwave safe container and microwave for 10 sec intervals (stirring the chocolate between each round) until just melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate as texture will become grainy. Add melted white chocolate to blender or food processor, and blend until completely smooth.
- Once completely smooth, pour Ginger Cashew White Chocolate filling into each of the 6 mini tart shells or one 9 oz tart shell, and chill in freezer for 4 hours to set. Once set, top with your favorite fruit, serve, and enjoy!